Our online medical assessment can take under a minute to complete if you only have one condition to declare. If you have several, it’ll take a little longer but it’s a simple step-by-step process…
What is a pre-existing medical condition?
A pre-existing medical condition is:
Any symptom or medical condition that you’re aware of, or a reasonable person in your circumstances should be aware of, when you apply for a policy and/or anytime before the start of your holiday, that:
- you’re waiting to see a medical professional about, or waiting for a test or investigation, or the results of a test or investigation; or
- requires ongoing treatment or check-ups; or
- you should be taking prescribed medication for; or
- you’ve seen a medical professional for in the last 3 months before you purchase your policy, or at any time before the start of your holiday; or
- you’ve had surgery or been hospitalised for in the last 3 years before you purchase your policy, or at any time before the start of your holiday; or
- relates to heart problems (such as angina, palpitations, high blood pressure, or stenting), stroke, transient ischaemic attack (TIA), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or cancer.
We don’t consider an everyday cold or tummy bug, to be a pre-existing medical condition.
What you need to know.
You need to tell us about any change in health that you see a medical professional for before you go on holiday.
How to get travel insurance with
pre-existing medical conditions.
Getting travel insurance with pre-existing medical conditions is easier than you might think. When you get a quote, continue to enter the details of all travellers, then answer if any of the travellers has a pre-existing medical condition.
If you want to just get a quote first, this page explains how to get a quote for your pre-existing conditions before you decide to buy.
You might also be interested in:
Because we don’t think you should be able to buy insurance for countries that we don’t cover…
Look up another topic
results for ""
Get a quote and you could
be all sorted in minutes.