I’m over 50, is there anything else I need to know or do? No – you don’t have to do anything differently…
What is rental car insurance excess cover?
If your hire car is unexpectedly damaged or stolen, we’ll pay up to $5,000 for the fee you get charged by the hire company, or the repair costs if they’re less.
What you need to know.
The vehicle must be rented from a licensed motor vehicle rental company. We only cover hire cars that are sedans, hatchbacks, station wagons or four-wheel drives. The other vehicle types we cover are “people mover” vans, campervans and motorhomes that weigh less than 4.5 tonnes.
What you need to do to claim.
- Keep a copy of the rental vehicle agreement.
- Keep a copy of the repair account and/or quote.
- Provide scanned copies of the above (#1 & #2) when you claim.
You won’t be covered if:
- You use the vehicle against the terms of the rental agreement.
- You break the law of the place you are in.
- The rental vehicle is driven or used by someone who is not named as a designated driver on the rental agreement.
- The driver is not named on your certificate of insurance.
- If the person that was driving the vehicle at the time of the accident did not hold a valid drivers licence to operate the rental vehicle in that country.
Other FAQs you might be interested in:
If you’re travelling overseas with our Comprehensive policy, we do. There are some things you should be aware of though, like you need to take some care of your stuff!
Look up another topic
results for ""
Get a quote and you could
be all sorted in minutes.