Find out why we get you out faster – and why we insist on first-rate services for your medical evacuation if you need urgent medical care. Meet one of the teams we trust to bring you home…
How do I apply for a policy for an under 18 year old?
If your child will be travelling on their own, you can apply for a guardian policy on their behalf.
How to apply for a guardian policy:
- Get a quote with your age under ‘age of all adult travellers’, and select the policy type to continue.
- You need to accept and be responsible for all of the terms and conditions, on your child’s behalf.
- Enter your details as the policyholder, and the child’s details as a dependant.
- When you get to the pre-existing medical conditions question, please answer this on behalf of the child only.
- Once you have purchased the policy, please email us with the policy number, so that we can mark it as a guardian policy.
On a guardian policy you (the adult) will be listed as the policyholder, however it will be noted that you are not travelling or covered under the policy, whilst your child is.
You will need to buy an individual policy for each child who is travelling without an adult, so there will be a charge (premium) for their travel insurance cover.
Why is it like this?
When you buy a policy, you enter into a legal agreement. We don’t believe it’s right that someone under the age of 18 should be asked to take on that responsibility.
You might also like:
Yes, however for us, the distinction matters. We think holidays are meaningful events, so we designed our policies and the way we look after you to cater for ‘what really matters’…
Look up another topic
results for ""
Get a quote and you could
be all sorted in minutes.